• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fans placement.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, so I was formerly heavy air cooling, and now I have water.

I have the fan sucking air through my rad and out of the case, so, I was thinking I should turn all the fans so they blow air into the case, so that all air goes through the rad to get out.

But, my 120mm fan on my heatercore is only 80cfm, and I would then have like 150cfm going through the heatercore.

So, should I just rip off the 120mm fan?

Or is this while idea dumb?

You know all about air cooling fan placement, and optimal airflow. Just set it all up as you would normally, with intakes and exhausts, just treat the radiator as another 120mm blowhole for exhaust or intake. Blowing air through the rad from inside of the case will not perform better than all the air coming in from outside the case, through the rad.

I find that my rad heats up the air that comes through it, but not enough to warrant ripping everything apart so as to not have the rad and it's fans working intake.

IDeally you want cool air coming through your radiator, so have it/them pulling intake. If space is constrictive, or if you have two radiators (like I will soon ;)) then a "ceiling" mounted Rad blowing exhaust through the case roof will work fine too. It is really up to you.

only 80cfm? lolz mine is around 50 haha but anyhow, Its usually better to suck air into the case as your rad is in contact with coler air. Even when I have my case opened the temperature difference between in and out is approx 5C and that is 5C hotter CPU.. In my setup, if my ambient rises 1C so does my CPU.

Yea, I know about that, but it works for me.

So, I should just set it up like it was? ok.

Back