• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on airflow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keaven

Registered
Hi all, im new here~
i tried to search the forum but can't really find a suitable airflow advice for my case.

*Here's the case im planning to buy...
http://www.dealsonic.com/co60midatxca1.html

*Im planning to duct my HSF too.

*need advice on where to place the duct intake, intake fan(s) and outake fans(s)

*Really appreciate all your helps!!! :)

since heat rises, u should try for cold air intake, bottom, hot air exhaust at top and back

if u plan on modding ur case for the duct over the cpu hsf, make a blowhole right above it on the side panel and have a fan blowing air directly on it...to increase the cold air going directly to the cpu hsf, u can cut out the plastic casing of an old broken fan (which is what i did) and attach it to the fan that is blowing over the hsf

i attached a pic to better illustrate this...

Attachments

• duct.jpg
    duct.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 48
a blowhole on the side panel right where you can install a fan to blow air directly to the cpu hsf is the best IMO .. even with standard 2x80mm fans upfront (sunon 39cfms), 2x80mm at the back (also sunons), and 1x80mm on top of the case (blowing air outside), my old case is no match for the case I got from Maxvla recently (yes, it has blowhole :D).

the old case sounded like a blower to me, but max's case (xoxide xsonic aluminum) is barely making any noise, with the same (if not better) temp .. I put only 1x80mm fan (vantec stealth), another one on the back (also vantec stealth), one for the blowhole (very quiet 2000rpm 80mm fan I got from max :D), and thermaltake SF2 on SK7 blowing 3000rpm .. and it's practically noiseless .. my room-mate has a dell pentium IV and always complained about the old case's noise (said he couldn't sleep when it's on ...) .. since I got this case, he stopped complaining :D

well its not exactly plastic, most likely it will be plexiglass..or if it is really cheap, it prolly is plastic :D but neways, i would use a dremel, and do a smaller circumference cut then would be needed, then just grind out the rest so u get a cleaner hole. Drill with the lowest setting, high rpms melt the plastic

dalilman52 said:
well its not exactly plastic, most likely it will be plexiglass..or if it is really cheap, it prolly is plastic :D but neways, i would use a dremel, and do a smaller circumference cut then would be needed, then just grind out the rest so u get a cleaner hole. Drill with the lowest setting, high rpms melt the plastic

what he said :rolleyes: , just make sure to wear protective eye and breathing mask .. cutting plastic makes a whole lot of mess and small particles fly all around you ..

Back