• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking with the VGA heatpipes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

I'm talking about the fanless ones like the Zalman ZM50-HP . Has anyone used these to overclock an ATi card or any card for that matter? I want silence but I would also like the ability to o/c it when the time comes. Also do ramsinks fit under it?

NOt sure about OC'ing, but with good airflow, a passive vga cooler will remove heat just fine. Also, no need for ramsinks. The cooler covers them aswell.

Bensa said:
Also, no need for ramsinks. The cooler covers them aswell.

Thats not true. I have not seen any heatpipe coolers that cover the ram as well. There may be 1 out there that I have not seen but my zalman does not and none of the other models I shopped around for do. Ramsinks can be a problem for alot of the heatpipe coolers. Only the shortest ramsinks can fit under them.

Whoah, thats odd. My friend has one (dont know type though) and it comes really close to the ram, so we just put a layer of AS.

Back