• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance Case Double Radiator Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I was thinking..my case is HUGE..I am not with my case now though, but when I am I'll do the measurements, but I was thinking about putting another radiator in my case....that would he help the cooling, and allow me to OC my video card better..

if I put it directly underneither the other one and iit was completely passive, would it be worth it since it MIGHT slow down the water a LITTLE..

or what about if I somehow fit it so that it was on the way down,like in the back(not sure if it'll fit though)..

questions/comment please.

Another small (or large, depending on where you want to put it), passive radiator or heatercore would definitely be beneficial. It would probly give you a few degrees, but I'm not so sure you would be able to overclock your card a whole lot more. What block do you have on the card now? A better block would probably help more than anything.

I'm not using my water cooling setup up yet, and will not until I get my new system, but I do have the case and water cooler..

I will not use it on my processor though, I will be using it on the Radeon 9800pro I'll be getting..I think that I will probably be using the water block from Koolance just to make sure they are compatible, unless if you guys know that they are with another water block that is good for the 9800...

but I may sell my water cooling and just use a P5 heatsink on it..not sure though.

If you're only going to water cool the video card, then the extra radiator would be even less beneficial. The one you have now should be more than enough to dissapate the heat generated by the video card.

i'm guessing that by compatible you mean having 3/8's barbs? you can use virtually any gpu block you choose. As far as performance, koolance ends up slightly on the low end and you can definatly do better. My main problem with koolance blocks is that they plate their copper blocks in gold which is not near as good at heat conduction as bare copper. i can only guess that it is a marketing ploy.

as in: yeah dude your waterblock is pretty cool, but check out mine its GOLD plated!

Also I agree with mateo88, your present setup with a good gpu block should be sufficient.

Back