• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7, temps, and BIOS revisions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
I just upgraded the BIOS on my IC7 v1.0 to the newest (18). It had the 17 BIOS loaded when I got it.

It seems like the temps reported (Abit EQ, Sandra, etc...) seem higher since I flashed it this morning... Has anyone else noticed or heard similar, going from 17 to 18?

I know my ambiant is a bit higher than normal (like 3C), but my CPU load temp is like 6 or 7C higher than what it usually is. Or was...

I know the BIOS revisions on my Abit NF7-S 2.0 keep going high to low to high with each BIOS revision, which is why I'm thinking it's got to do with the new BIOS.

TIA!

Brian

On the IC7 version 2.0 I had the temps dropped and voltages dropped with EQ when I flashed from 17 to 18...47C to 43C with a 2.5Ghz 800fsb and MCX4000 and the 12V line went from 11.79 to 11.39 with a TrueControl 550 set to exactly 12V with a digital multi-tester...:rolleyes:

Back