• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will SP-94 fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MatiasZ

Registered
Hi everybody... finally got all working, but my temps are crazy with this ugly P4 stock cooler, so i'm getting a new one this week... any of this is available here in spain:

Thermalright SLK900U - $32
Thermalright SLK947U - $54
Thermalright SP-94 - $60
Swiftech MCX478-V - $58
Swiftech MCX4000B - $60

Considering that there's no big prices difference between the better ones and the fact that i think those perform mostly the same, which one would you get? i like the SP94... but here is a pic of my rig... will it fit on this board (DFI 865PE INFINITY)? i doubt wether that NB HS will let the pipes fit there... what do you guys think? (see attached file plis ;))

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:Youll get all that figured out soon.
Your links and such.:D Check yellowdarts thread here in cooling.
He just did a SP-94 HS on his DFI mobo. I think he has a pic of his case in that thread also.You cant go wrong with the thermalright HS's.Check my sig. Keep your flow up & temps down,THE FANMAN:cool:

HERES a link to his thread
LINK

hey thanx for the fast answer! ;)... well i think i'm gonna get a SP-94 and give it a try... if it doesn't fit correctly or something i think that within 48 hours i can exchange it without RMAing... so what fan should i get??? i was looking at this enermax (the 92mm one)... and these are the ones i could get.... which one should be best considering i'm looking to get some OC but i've used for a LONG TIME delta's and that sort of things (60x60@7000rpm, 80x80@5000rpm) and i don't want TOO much noise this time around

Excellent chioces IMHO .I would of suggested the Sanyo Denki fan
but that model# doesn't have a tach wire.Be sure and go to
www.thermalright.com and print out the install sheet.You can
find it in the SP-94 support tab.Get you some quality TIM. Like
Arctic Silver 5. That should do it. THE FANMAN:cool:
:::::I used AS Ceramique.:D

Last edited:
mmmm i already have a SANYO, the 80x80 and 4800rpm... is CRAZY SOUND... y just can't stand it anymore... i've used it for too long and now i want somehing a litlle quiter... that's why i was looking at the enermax... and i have AS3 but maybe i'll get myself a tube of AS5... who knows ;)... well is time to ORDER!!! WII!! (too bad is saturday, but well i'll wait:))
thanks for the help FANMAN!
cya soon:mad:

I can agree to that about the usage of AS5 over AS3. I just dropped some in. AS5 has not broken in yet! On this 2.4B clocked to 3ghz I dropped 3C. The CPU has an olde Swifttech MCX 478 HS with a Delta fan on it.

oki doki... AS5 it is then... by the way... i have been testing a little... and even thow my temps are at around 44C idle... which sounds more or less normal (room temp around 25C, no side panel, and placing my hand near the CPU, NB and video i cannot feel TOO MUCH of a difference from the rest of the surrounding), my heavy load temps doing two video renders which gets the cpu to 100% or even playing quake with the side panel on are going all the way to the low 60s!! which is WAY TOO MUCH... i've checked contact between cpu and HSF and seems OK.. is this normal? btw, some guy yesterday told me that all 2.6C retail come with a copper center heatsink, while mine is PURE aluminium... is this true?

As far as I know they are as you say.All aluminum.Sounds like you have a case flow prob. with the door on.Have you removed the fan grids in the case yet?I cut both off of my PSU the other day,
and it seems to push 50% more air now.It never gets semi-hot
like it used to.Removing restrictions is very important to your overall cooling sceme.Wires and cables must be positioned out of the flow.You'll have to cut the fan grids out of the case.I use tin snips.Green handled,right cut TIN SNIPS, $15 at the hardware.
This should keep you busy for a while. THE FANMAN:cool:

MOD THREAD LINK :D

mmm there's not much restriction to airflow on my case... it is actually laying down on the floor now and everything seems to be running cool... but i think that having araound 16ºC of idle/load difference is way too much... that sounds like a faulty heat transfer from the CPU to the HSF... even that, or the mobo displays it incorrectly... because when is reading 62ºC i can touch the HSF and is not even warm!!! hope that SP94 arrives soon.

Back