• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my motherboard temp monitor really sucks it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssgohan434

Silicon Valley---> moved to Washington State
with the same ambient temps it will read sometimes 41c and sometimes 45-46c. (this is with water cooling) and sometimes even 47c. This is with a 7v Evercool aluminum fan rated for 80cfm with 12v on the dtek pro core heatercore.

BTW, my idle temp is 41c with system at 24c

Last edited:
I have seen other cases where the socket thermister in the NF7 can show unaccounted for fluctuations in temp between booting one day and the next.

i've learned not to trust my Nf7's temp probe since it will sometime tell me i am 1c over ambient and then other times tell me im 10c over ambient. DIE DIE DIE TEMP PROBE!

The A7N8X seems pretty consistant in its temp monitoring, whats the differences between the temp probe on it and on your boards?

Here is the problem witht he nf7, and its VERY fixable. my temps are always constant with ambient temp.

behind the cpu is the probe, its bent down so it doesnt even touch the cpu. bend it up so the cpu smashes it down, but before you put the cpu in, put some thermal goo on it for extra good connection. Then you should be good to go.
I found the new bios to read TONS lower than the old bios. like below ambient;)

Jon

Back