• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loose Gemini chipset block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

i'm stuck with bending the tube from my chipset to my res about 90 degrees and i think thats lefting my nb block from the chipset.
i don't see any temp problems, system 29c (that is for the chipset right? i have a epox 8rda+).
my gemini block came with two okey spring retention things which are okey, but are no match to the thickwalled tubing that i'm using.
anyone got any good ideas to push down my gemini block??

heres a pic of what i'm dealing with
http://www.villagephotos.com/image.asp?id_=6656514

thanks in advance :D

Link is down, but from what you're saying I would try routing the tubing a different way.

Could you get a pic of your system as awhole to see how to route the tubing?

stange it was working..
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=631639
thats should work.. its the whole album, click on NB for the one of the problem
i know i can route it another way to fix it, but that would involve taking it apart which i really don't want to do if i don't have to..
and i dont' want to change the cooling cycle of pump > rad > cpu >gpu >res because i think its optimum for my cpu which matters most.
i was thinking if someone knew a way to apply more force onto the water block using the current retension mech. because i can push it into place with little effort, i might have to go buy a stronger spring ...

I'd reroute the tubing man, just put your inlet hose over top of the nb tubing, and then just get rid of the 90* elbow and make it a nice even curve.

hm.. not a bad idea.. didn't think of that..
only need to partially empty too!
Thanks man!!

lol, glad to be of service.

you might need to cut some different lengths of tubing, can't tell how long those sections are. Hope it works out for you.

Back