• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeking high performance LED or Cold Cathode fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morpherios

Registered
I currently have an Antec Plusview case with 2 rear fans, 1 side, 2 front. I have blue and green alternating Antec LED fans in each of those spots. However, for a very long time I've been looking for some fans that I can do the alternating blue and green setup, that actually have a good CFM rating. The ones I'm using now are only like 31-32 CFMs. I'm looking for something 45-50 and up. Anyone have any ideas?

well... you could buy the high performance ones, cut the arms that lead to the center, and mount the fan body into the led cases of the crap ones. some fancy wiring will have to be done to make the things work, but it seems possible at least.

Yeah I've thought about that, was hoping there might be some company out there that basically already did that. I don't understand why nobody has anything like this out there right now. Personally I'd love to have some sunyon/vantec tornado style fans in LED. Or even Thermaltake Smartfan2s.

One of these may fit the bill.Check them out.Yesterday I saw a LED setup on a panaflo,strange!I think LED kits are available for fans. THE FANMAN:cool:

FAN LINK :D

THIS fan below is at newegg.com:

Thermaltake SMART CASE FAN II WITH “COOLMOD” . Variable Fan Speed Control, by temperature sensor. Plus Tt CoolMod 4 LED Light (2 Blue & 2 Red). Fan Dimension: 80x80x25 mm. Two Ball Bearing. 3-Pin. FAN Speed Control Setting: 1300 rpm at 20°C~ . 4800 rpm at 55°C. Air Flow: 20.55 CFM at 1300rpm. 75.7 CFM at 4800rpm. Retail Box. A1506 Model#: S FAN II w/COOLMOD Special FedEx Saver Shipping $4.00

Last edited:
That blue one is perfect. Now if only I could find a green one. I've seen the smartfan 2 with coolmod and that'd work except that I need green instead of red, although I suppose I might be able to replace the red with green or something. But that blue one is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!

Back