• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system, high temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ac-c0bra

2 days ago i installed my first water cooling consistent of:

Maze 4-1(the wersion for pelt)
Blackice extreme2 with
2 Titan 120mm 32db fans@5v
aquacomputer Twinplex
Hydor celtz L20
Artic siler5

On this machine:

P4 2.66Ghz
Abit BH7
Twinmos pc2700

About 28c ambient (in the room)

I am not runnig with pelt(yet)

I think i have to high temps.. i had 52c max load at 3Ghz with stock vcore! then i remounted the waterblock, and assembled it again , and am now getting 45c max load, but still isen't this a bit high? When i am running the fans @12v i get 1.5c lower temps.. Idle is about 33c

radiator and pump

mainboard

radiator holes

water flow

What's the Twinplex? Is that the NB cooler?

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that it looks like there's pretty nasty tubing bend on the intake tubing to the Maze4.

Do those fans push any air at 5v? 7v might be better for them, not sure about that though.

Also, an L20 might be a little small for running all that tubing and a BIX 2. Could you not move the rad and pump to the other side of the case?

Clean setup on though. I like your HDD mounting :)

Hmm i think that tube turning at the waterblock is killing you flow.
Did you try to mount the block with more pressure?

Other than that i cant think of anythingelse :/. I really think the setup is somewhat to restrictive for the pump.

MameXP,

ya might try exposing the entire face of the rad. none of the rad that is covered up is being utilized. also you might add a shroud between your fans and your rad, this has been proven to be more efficient than mounting the fans directly to the rad. did you lap your waterblocks?

thats a unique setup, very cool, good luck

bent hose

As you can se, the hose arent that much bent.. The twinplex is my nb block yes.. I have laped both blocks with 2000grid..

After wath i have read, it is not nesessary with a shroud when i have mounted the fans to suck through the rad.. but i dont know?

When you don't use a shroud you're creating a dead zone beneath the fan motor. So part of the radiator is not getting the best airflow it can.

As sanssheriff said, I'd also try to cut away more wood so as to expose more of the radiator.

As for the bent hose, that will get worse with time, so I'd try to straighten it out.

Well, i have now tested a bit.. i tested how the water flow was with only the pump, then with the cpu and nb blocks and last with the cpu, nb block and rad connected.. i found out that the flow was reduced wery much when i connected the blocks, but it didnt change when i connected the rad to..

I have now set it up like this: rad-cpu block-nb block- resorvar- pump- rad.. hope it helps!..

On monday i am going to cut away all the wood i can that is blocking for the rad, and maybe get some splitters so i can parallel connect the cpu and nb blocks to see if that helps..

Back