• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p2.4c & slk-900u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SmAcKpOo

Registered
i just installed my slk-900u, and im noticing minimal temperature differences from my oem heatsink. im pretty sure i installed the thing properly, and used a tiny bit of as3.

its sitting at about 45degrees idle. and im running an ic7-g

i have heard abit temperature measurements are off a bit, can anyone confirm?

thanks alot

ive heard abits do tend to be off a bit, are you overclocking? the retail hsf bundled with the p4s is pretty good and if you arent overclocking i wouldnt expect much change in temp going to a better hsf.

the difference would also be affected by your case airflow, if you already have good case flow, then the gap between a retail hsf and the 900 would be even less.

the best way to find out about the accuracy of the temp sensor would probably be to check our abit mobo forums here

what fan is in that 900u?? slk series perform better with high rpm fan .. I recommend thermaltake smart fan 2 ...

but putting a vantec stealth on that 900u is still better than the OEM HSF.

Back