• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which cooling for my gpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Right now im usin a ti200 video card w/ a crystal orb,factory ramsinks,and 3 80mm fans blowing on it. Im lookin to go with something alittle more "high tech" if you will and i was wondering what u guys though I should do. Below are my options

1.Zalman heatpipe w/ HIGH cfm fan (noise=no problem)

2.Switech waterblock (but if my gpu doesnt reach temps of 95º its pointless because my water temp is 95º)

3.Keep what I have

4.give me your opinion

I would keep whatyou have and put the money toward a new card. I know the ti200 is a great card but its starting to show its age.

Yea I could agree w/ you on that but all I play is cs and w/ the overclocking etc i can pull of a constant 99-100 fps which is good for me.

1. no thanks

2.why do that when im just gonna stick w/ cs

3.MAYYYYBEEE....i tend to not like duncan very much due to the personal issues

While your at it, why not put 2 thousand dollar wheels on an old rusty Volkwagon? After all, it still works right?

Get a new card. Even the GF4200 is cheaper than your cooling devices. Eventually you won't limited to CS.

Wow cant anyone ever just answer a question w/o having to suggest buying something new?

What watercooling system do you have? I think the gpu gets much warmer than 95 so it'll depend upon the capacity of your water system to be able to absorb that much more heat.

I also have two ti4200s, one being an 8X model. Cheap and works good enough.

kusojiji said:
What watercooling system do you have? I think the gpu gets much warmer than 95 so it'll depend upon the capacity of your water system to be able to absorb that much more heat.

I also have two ti4200s, one being an 8X model. Cheap and works good enough.

Some cheap kit I bought when I didnt know crap about watercooling hah. But I plan on gettin a new rad. for it soon (i think thats whats holding me back).

I say stick with what you've got, but if you really wanna go nuts on it... Mod a big CPU heatsink to go on there. :p

i think ill get a slk ;).....as for buyin a new card...i had planned on doing it w/ my xmas money.....as for this cooling stuff im looking for its stuff i want from my parents for xmas

Might as well just get a waterblock if you've already got the rest of the system.

I'd go Maze 4 gpu.

senfu...its the only one they make...but as said i plan on getting a new rad,pump (even though i already have a better one than what came with it),and cpu block.

Ah, okay, I get it now. You're going to replace the whole system. Upgrading the senfu will be the wrong step to take. Go 1/2 inch all the way.

Back