• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

custom t-line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

after seeing the results of restricting the input of the eheim pumps, i was pondering a way to not restrict the flow to the 3/4" input. if i put a t-line before the input that had two 1/2" barbs, and one 3/4" barb and then connected that to the pump with some 3/4" hose, would that help?

fill tube
(1/2")
pump <- (3/4")<^>(1/2") <- from wb

also, since this might be hard to put together (aka require more parts and time) would it help if i just use a 3/4" t-line, since 1/2" ID tygon hose can fit over the 3/4" barb? (i would again have a small length of 3/4" ID hose from one side of the t-line to the pump)

i'm not completely sure that this would help with the restricted input or not, but any feedback would be appreciated.

edit: "fill tube" and "(1/2")" should be above the ^, but i think you can decifer

another option would be to create a small reservior which attaches to the pump. This gives the inlet a surplus of water ready to go, and is very simple to fill
if you are trying to stay away from reserviors for whatever reason, just make the tubing on the inlet as large as possible from the previous item in the loop...which is?(curiosity strikes some cats very hard)

I personally used 1/2" ID tubing all around, and used 5/8 copper pipe (also 1/2" inside diameter)as fittings and streched the tubes around it. So effectively I don't have any fittings that are less than 1/2"ID, keeping restriction low.

Last edited:
thanks for that link, i thought i had read most of the articles, but this one was very useful. i had been looking at the innovatech res, but it was so much. i think im gonna make one of those.

Bleed tube in radiator

another option, which aparently works very effectively is this . It's something that I am trying to work into my system to replace the res.

provided the tube you use to the inlet has the same inside diameter as the inlet itself(or bigger), there will be very little restriction, unless there is a quick bend before it, but that can be worked around. Res is a good way to go, I only mentioned the bleed tube in rad method because it makes bleeding a snap and lets air out at the rad, which is the most common place for air bubbles to accumulate. the rad itself could then be seen as a reservior

or use a res big enough to submerge the pump(if you have room).

I'm just shooting thoughts at you to give you a good idea of your options :)

yeah thanks, that eheim res plan was exactly what i was looking for. using the rad as a res was my number 2 choice until i saw the mag3/eheim simple test.

Back