• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsinks for my GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4EyeGuy

Registered
Hey...

well i have a problem and was hoping some of you could help me solve it...

since i don't want ot buy a new GPU yet, and i have a old GeForce2 Ultra, i want to overclock it...

it doesn't have any heatsinks on its memory modules , and i want to change that :)

the problem is that i don't have any "thermal glue" or stuff like that to glue them on (there ain't many computer accessories shops where i live :) ),so i was wondering if i could use some form of super glue on the edges and normal thermal paste in the middle...

i was wondering if it would corrode my mem. chips?? and if the super glue would destroy them...

well, hope you help me out here...

I've heard of people using the superglue method before. Typically, they apply a small dab at the corner of the chip (or multiple corners) and use thermal paste for the center and the rest, like you planned. I'd think it's not really optimal since you'll always lose some surface area below the glue, so you may want to reconsider getting some thermal adhesive. Many online PC cooling shops ship internationally; no need for a local store.
In any case, the superglue should not harm your chip's housing. I wouldn't spill it on the pins though, just to be sure.

I have ordered from 2Cooltek many times. He does a good job and also ships overseas. His selection is pretty good. Also it's one of the few places I have found that as 92 & 120mm aluminum fan filters. :)

I would use a product like this to attatch the HS's.What type material are your sinks made out of? I think a small amount of clamping pressure is also in line. THE FANMAN:cool:

Arctic Alumina Adhesive

well... you answered my main question... the one that i won't destroy my memory chips with te super glue...
and also thanx for the online shop link... i'll try that...

anyways, the heatsinks are VERY light, and are made of aluminum

THANX

Back