• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can my eheim1250 handle this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhOdInI

I am running the following loop:

eheim1250->chevette heatercore->maze3->eheim1250

I am planning on changing to this loop:

cdrom bay reservoir->eheim 1250->chevette heatercore->maze3 cpu block-> black ice xtreme rad-> maze4 GPU block-> res

Basically i have added a GPU block to watercool my 9800pro and i thought it will be necessary to add a second rad so the GPU doesnt get the hot water exiting the cpu block but cold water exiting the 2nd rad. My tubing is 1/2 and my question is,is my eheim1250 powerful enough to manage this or do i need the more powerful 1260?

I dont think the extra rad is necessary, it will hurt more than it will help. Take it out and you should be fine. Remember, the water coming out of your cpu block is at most 3c above that is going in, unless your using pelts.

It should be fine, assuming you don't have any kinks, those blocks aren't very restrictive.

It should be fine but I think the BIX is more restrictive than your chevette. what I recommend is run your rads in parallel and blocks in series with the same pump. OR you can change the pump to mag3 or MCP600

the reason why i recommend running rads in parallel is because if rads were run in series the second rad wont be as effective due to lower delta T. This is why I believe running rads in parallel is the most effective way to cool. The total heat transfer made will be greater. As for running blocks in series or parallel, it doesnt make a big difference whether you run in parallel or series with "general PQ curve" pump. If you have a high performing pump its beneficial to run in series(WBs).

That is why I put 2 rads in parallel and WBs in series. I bet that if you ran blocks in parallel and rads in series you wont get as good temp. Because the total heat transfer made by the rads arn't as big as running rads in parallel.

But with those two rads, probably 70% of the water will go through the chevette if run in parrallel.

Honestly, with that setup one rad is enough.

Thanks for the feedback. the reason why i chose a BIX is because of limited space, i have a lian li pc75 and i plan on mounting the heatercore at the front and the smaller BIX in the space above the psu, for those who know the pc75's layout.

Back