• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blueline pumps....Equal to Iwaki?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If they aren't lying, and the same guy really did develop it, then it's probably equal to Iwaki.

20 HD 3/4" MPT 3/4" MPT 13 420 45 Iwaki MD20RLT

this one is probablu most suitable for water-cooling however the price and the size... I think it defeats the purpose of practicality... but in performance wise its def the best ive seen. How much heat will be dissipated by 45w power consumption? thats something I cant tell...

Well, it's huge.
The only way I see it, you can get it in a custom/full tower case.
It wouldn't fit in my Chieftec mid tower, that's for sure.

Suma.

Fast420A said:
Look at nikhsub1's rig, he's running a Iwaki with 2 heatercores.

Lolz.. as you know nikhsub1 isnt a typical WCing person haha. (no offense). Personally, I dont think its worth the time,effot, and money to use that pump. But then again, if you are crazy bout performance and dont mind spending moeny and time to build a box for it... sure go ahead it will give you an nice result

I am all about performance when it comes to WCing, if I want silence, I'll use a calculator ;) or silent aircooling on a not so fast rig.

Iwaki pumps are virtually silent. The 15R consumes 29W [somewhere around there, maybe 28W] and it doesn't dump all of that in the water. Its a good pump...for a price.

ToolBox said:
Iwaki pumps are virtually silent. The 15R consumes 29W [somewhere around there, maybe 28W] and it doesn't dump all of that in the water. Its a good pump...for a price.

that wattage isnt bad at all. Damn why cant i win a lotto or something... I want me a Iwaki

ToolBox said:
Iwaki pumps are virtually silent.

They say on that page that these are even quieter than the iwaki's.
Originally from www.aquadirect.com
These pumps are designed and built by a former chief engineer from Iwaki-Japan. They feature the same flow curves, high head pressure, low noise, and reliability that have made Iwaki the best magnetic drive pumps available. The BlueLine HD pumps are even slightly quieter than Iwaki, with a lower frequency. These units are yellow rather than green and carry a full 1 Year parts and labor guarantee. All seal-free bearings and magnetic drive for 10+ years of useable life. No seals to leak!

Here's the Blueline's with pics

http://www.aquadirect.com/catalog/pumps/blueline.htm

Here's the Iwaki's with pics
http://www.aquadirect.com/catalog/pumps/iwaki.htm

Last edited:
The Blueline pumps are the equivalent to the RLT Iwaki pumps (high GPH). The primary motive to going to an Iwaki should be to get the high-head pumps (the RZT series).

I looked at these when I was in the market for a high-head pump, but decided there were better pumps out there for the money (I'd say an Iwaki 20RZT would be a bitter fit for cooling than say, a Blueline 40 HD).

That's kind of my point. The 40HD has about the same head pressure as the 20RZT (albeit a much higher GPH), but I think the 20RZT uses 75watts. I tried to check on this, but I can't find the Iwaki wattage ratings. Feel free to correct me.

If you look at the pumps' P/Q curve, the RZT series is tall, with very high head rating, but lower GPH. These Bluelines are the wide ones, with lower head, but much higher GPH.

Last edited:
UnLoadeD said:
The Iwaki's are cheaper.
Ahh, be careful here, when choosing an Iwaki pump, you want the MD series, NOT the WMD.

MD = smaller, quieter Japanese made motor (about 50 - 80% more money than the WMD's)

WMD = louder, hotter American made motor

Back