• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

goof for the new water cooled case for friend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
since he wanted something silver and small i went with the super lan boy, i was going to cut out the 4 internal drive bays for the 120mm in out fan and heatcore, but he didnt want to destroy the case,, so now i am building a mount for the computer with the heatcore and ehiem 1250 pump underneath,,,

ill send pics when i can,,, man i hate building for friends for nothing..

u can screw a BIX into where the hds mount. theres pics somewhere, if that helps any.

what wcing parts u usin?

a bix? im using a maze4 block for the ati card, a nevo3 type block for the cpu, a heatcore with 2 120mm fans and a ehiem 1250 pump with tygon tubing.

BIX is black ice extreme. Its a "good" radiator but nice and small. They are like 5.5" square, compared to like the 5.5 * 7+ that most heatercores are.

I sort of had the same problem. Pic if you want inspiration:-

water.jpg

Well funny you shoud ask, that picture was taken just after I had put it together and yes it was just sitting on top. It stayed like that for about 6 months till today, when I have finally bolted it on, since I'm going round a mates house to play some games soon.

Only had a few scares, where I had spun on my chair and nearly knocked it off.

That rad is a two 120mm fan one, which is why it had to go outside the case.

Nickme90 said:
I sort of had the same problem. Pic if you want inspiration:-

water.jpg

is it me or can the outlet tube from the pump be shorted almost to half?

also, how did u bolt it to the case? drilled holes and bolted it? im looking for an easier alternative b/c i gotta bolt my lil setup down also.

hmm, yeah seems ill be doing somethinglike that... but i need the wiring for that pump so i can build it and hook it up for a friend, i have the adapter,, or coverter whatever u wanna call it..

eXCeSS said:

is it me or can the outlet tube from the pump be shorted almost to half?

also, how did u bolt it to the case? drilled holes and bolted it? im looking for an easier alternative b/c i gotta bolt my lil setup down also.

Um yeah it proberly could be shortened. I think at 1 point I might have wanted to either have routed the pipes round the side, or include a GPU block somewhere. Can't really remember. Still I don't see it making a huge difference.

As for the bolting. I just used the holes that the feet for the case used to snap in. Well actually only for the front, since 1 of the back ones was over the rad and the other has been cut away for the tubes. So I just drilled another one in the case in the middle of the 2. I took the dangerous route and kept all the stuff in the case and just held a tissue up against where I was drilling.

Back