• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enermax 120mm aluminum fan problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

About 3 months ago I bought 4 of these fans that I read so much about and everyone seemed to love. One of them started making some strange noises and has since been replaced by the vendor. However, now I am noticing that one of the other fans is now starting to make noise. Has anyone else had problems with these fans doing this over time?

Now I have to take my cooling system apart to replace the fan. Argh!! :mad:

NO ,but i feel your pain.For some reason certain parts get shorted
on thier lubrication.If the fans sticker on the motor is accessable,theres a rubber plug under the sticker. Pry that plug out carefully and drop a drop of 3 in 1 oil in there.Spin the blades and maybe 1 more drop.No more than 2 drops.Put the plug back in and the sticker on.Test fan.Worked wonders on my 2 month old PSU fan.
Or RMA it. THE FANMAN:cool:

PS: Dont use motor oil or WD-40....Gun oil is good....:D

thanks for the advise. when I take this off I will try it out. I just feel that for $15 per fan I shouldn't have this kind of problem with 50% of my order after 3 months. it is a good thing my 172mm fan is just sitting here waiting christmas break to go into my machine :)

I've run into the same prob. on cars,DOOD.On a Honda they didn't
use the proper amount of lude in the CV Joints.The shafts failed,
causing vibration on excelleration.Needless to say,both shafts had to be replaced before there time.So it's not uncommon for a part not to get the right amount of lubrication.THE FANMAN:cool:

i have one, i LOVEEEE those fans, super quiet, and ~80 CFM'S!!! yeah, try lubing it, teflon in lube works wonders

Back