• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid 0 With 4 Hdd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you asking if you can have 4 HDD's in one RAID 0 array??? I would believe your answer is a big no.... Not to mention how unstable that would be... Check out the new NetCell RAID XL cards... You can have a 5 Disk RAID XL (RAID 3 enhansed) array that is just totally aswome... Not to mention it's secure... When you loose a drive you almost don't even notice a difference in performance.... I think that is one thing I'm getting me for christmas next year along with 5 new HDDs.

Actually it would be a a big "yes."

They have done it at xbitlabs.com on a 4 channel raid card. So why couldnt' you do it with the Max 3? The Max 3 has 6 raid channels. 2 with the Intel chip and 4 with the silicone raid chip.

Xbit labs 4 disk raid 0 array.

I'm sorry.... I thought that the MAX 3 had only 4 SATA conectors that were paired to 2 differnet RAID controllers... I stand corrected...

As far as crashing goes..... I've personally had 2 HDDs die within weeks of each other... Just a bad conisnidence maybe... But I would think that overclocking in running a 4 disk RAID 0 array could lead to some problems if one's O/C wasn't totally stable....

Anyways... Again sorry for the wrong info.... :(

Back