• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu fit on an Abit NF7-S Rev2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

will a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu fit on an Abit NF7-S Rev2.0 w/o having to bend capacitors/parts.

hmm...i just did a search and found that it will fit if u cut of part of one the wings with screw holes (the extra screw hole is not needed). has anyone done this?

one other thing, it happens to weigh 733g, which is more than twice the weight that amd recommends as safe. what potential problems could this cause considering it will be mounted in with screws? i want to get this HS to compliment my antec sonata, which will be part of my upcoming rig.

Last edited:
First of all WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! It should be ok using the screws as they will help prevent any movement wich may damage your proc. I have one pc that has an slk900u and a vantec tornado 92mm. it holds just fine.

as long as you don't do much moving around, you should be ok, if you do, i might go with something slightly lighter.

woods said:
First of all WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! It should be ok using the screws as they will help prevent any movement wich may damage your proc. I have one pc that has an slk900u and a vantec tornado 92mm. it holds just fine.

im not new, i had to create a new name b/c my password stopped working for my old name, TomaHawk47x....even when I try to have my password emailed it doesn't work. any idea?

how about the thermaltake silent boost? is that a good alternative. i wont be doing any extreme overclocking, most likely just bumping the fsb to 200 on my 2500+ to 3200+ performance, maybe a little higher...

EDIT: thanks, I got the PM, but I didnt have many posts on my other name so ill stick with this one since i like it better.

I have a Silent Boost on one of my Barton 2500+@2310 (220*11.5) prime stable on 1.675volts.

Case temp ==> 32c
Idle temp ==> 37c
Load temp ==> 45c

Prime95 temps are a little higher at 48c.

All this in almost total silence.

i want the best silent air cooling i can get, but i dont want to have to buy a fan controller to keep it silent. the zalman seemed great, but its not going to be practical in my system due to its weight. the silent boost appears to be the next best alternative, but will it cool enough to run my 2500+ @ 3200+ speeds in an antec sonata? is there any better noise : performance heatsink?

Last edited:
Pollux said:
i want the best silent air cooling i can get, but i dont want to have to buy a fan controller to keep it silent. the zalman seemed great, but its not going to be practical in my system due to its weight. the silent boost appears to be the next best alternative, but will it cool enough to run my 2500+ @ 3200+ speeds in an antec sonata? is there any better noise:performance heatsink?

If I can run my Barton 2500+ @ 2310mhz, you sure can run yours at 2200mhz.

glussier said:

If I can run my Barton 2500+ @ 2310mhz, you sure can run yours at 2200mhz.

would that make the silent boost the best in this category, or is there something better? also, is the silent boost stable/safe if you move your PC around alot to LANs?

apparantly all of the top-end heatsinks are above the amd recommended 300g. the swiftec mcx462-v is over 600g and the slk 947u is over 500g. weight it the only reason why im leary over buying the zalman. what are the risks of using such a heavy heatsink? do i risk crushing the cpu or ripping out the socket, or both? i will be bringing my PC to LANs every couple weeks or so.

Back