• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink/Fan for xp2500+ @3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stingeragent

I just got my 2500+ today and want to take it up to 3200+, and wanted to know what an ok heatsink/fan combo would be. I really dont wanna spend over 20 bucks if at all possible. I was thinking maybe a Volcano 9 or a OCZ gladiator III ?

Well, I didn't get the retail version so I don't have an heatsink. I wanted to get the unlocked multiplier over a stock sink/fan

The best(in my opinion and many others) would be ThermalRIGHT, not take, but right...

SLK-900 I think it is that is cheap for AMD cpus.. www.newegg.com has it, and I think it goes on sale for 20 bucks if you use some coupon card or something..someone else should help me out with this.. :)

and good luck with it :)

SVC had a deal with the SLK-900A for $20 with a coupon code but they are oos right now. Not sure if thats what you were thinking of Foxie.

Lapping is done to grind down the base of the HSF so that it is super smooth (no peaks and valleys). Check this thread for a better explanation. It could produce better contact with the cpu thus lowering your temp a bit.

Yea the heatsink is thermalright, but the fan is thermal take, and i got the sink for 33.99

I just read a review of the SLK-900a, and the guy did the o/c I want up to 3200+, and he put on like a 3900rpm fan that did 47.9cfm and his load temp was like 35ish,,, I can't wait to see how cool I can get on max rpm since it pushes out like 76cfm or so.

Last edited:
Back