• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt heatsink fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noob_123

is the Thermaltake X-blower 2 Channel VR Fan Kit High Performance DC Fan any good to put on a thermal right sp 94.
link (bottom one)

thx

I think this blower would be a better choice.Ive been looking at them for a while. I'll try one on my SP-94 HS.The Cooler Master
blower puts out more than the Thermaltake.Compare the specs of both fans and see.Now with both of these blowers, you'll
have to moddify the fan mounting to the HS.The lip for the fan clips is thinner on these blowers.But the idea of having a solid shaft of air to hit your HS is nice to say the least.THE FANMAN:cool:

BLOWER LINK :D

thx fan man, but is a blower better then a good fan? it has less cfm right?

There is no dead spot with the blower,hince it should do a better job of cooling.Putting more cubic inches of air on the HS. I'll be putting one on mine soon.They have them at www.newegg.com
$ 4.99 I think. Can you mod the mounting? THE FANMAN:cool:

@ newegg there are 2 of them link one is $4.99 and the other is $16.99 (faster one with wierd mounting) im guessing the $16.99 one is better? and which ever one i should get how do i mod it to mount well?

Hey Archilochus, can you lemme know how that blower turns out on your SP-94. Im still lookin and researching for my rig. I am getting the SP-94.just not sure on the fan/blower set up. I had an Aero 7+ on my XP 2200 and it made quite a difference from the stock fan/hs.

Noob, I plan on getting the one for $ 4.99.They make a model that comes with all the wiring and a speed control.I've seen it for like $ 14.00,somewhere.They are both the same blower though.Put me up a link for the higher priced one.I'll check it this evening. Falcx,,,,,,I will let you know,as soon as I know.:D
And the mounting is something that requires me to have said part
in hand,before I can determine the mounting scheme.I have some ideas already.Must apply to see if it's fruitful.THE FANMAN:cool:

no its not that quiet.... it has low cfm but high static pressure which is why it can perform better than most fans with the huge deadspots

heres the one with adjustable fan speed link , although it might make more sense to just get the cheap one and buy a multi fan controler for $20

I am wondering if that type of fan might be wrong for that heatsink considering the heat pipes need to be cooled for it to work efficiently. A fan that concentrates the air to the middle might defeat the whole idea of heat pipes.

I am wondering if that type of fan might be wrong for that heatsink considering the heat pipes need to be cooled for it to work efficiently. A fan that concentrates the air to the middle might defeat the whole idea of heat pipes.

There must be a echo in here.If you think about the fan that was used in the testing for the review,it had a 80mm Delta onboard.
I will eventually satisfy your curiosity.Thats a good point to bring, up point to bring up.I'm currently running a 92mm Enermax on the SP-94 HS.N00b_123,I'm also going to test the 92mm Panaflo U1A,to check temps and dBA levels.If you get a Aero Blower, let us know your results.I dont think,there will be any temp. probs.
If it doesn't work out as a HSF,then it will make a excellent exhaust fan.For $ 5.00 you can't loose.:D THE FANMAN:cool:

alright, i'll order the $5 version as soon as i order all my parts. if it doesnt work out i guess i'll buy a panaflo as you suggested to me some other time. will keep you all updated..thx for the help!

Back