• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which P1 mobo for OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I am looking for the best performance a computer can buy!

that's why I am turning to the Pentium 1 chip..hehe...JK

I'm just going to have some fun, I have about 6 P1 processors, and more RAM for them than I could ever use..so I'm going to build a system! and OC forever...when something burns out, I'll just throw it away and put another in!

All that I need is a good motherboard..it has to be able to handle overclocking pretty well..SMP is ok..a lot of RAM slots is a plus..PCI would be nice.

I know nothing about Pentium ones, so help me out and recommend me a great motherboard to have fun with! I am looking for sort of an nf7 for P1s..

thanks..

John

PS: ATX recommended, but I bet that that wasn't until the P2, so AT is ok, I have a PSU for either.

I don't remember the model number, but Asus made a good super socket 7 mobo that was very overclockable. A few of the later super socket 7 mobos allowed both AT and ATX power connectors, but the vast majority of them were strictly AT.

Back