• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 865PE NEO2-FIS2R or ASUS P4P800 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

My mobo decision has came down to these two choices. I was wondering which one is best?

Hey, I've used both. I decided to keep the Asus because it overclocked slightly better (fsb 262mhz vs. 258mhz), it was a bit cheaper, and from what I hear and have experienced Asus is a more reliable company. I tested both Corsair XMS pc3200 and Corsair ValueSelect pc3200 seperately (1 stick 512mb each). I have no idea what the higher ram speeds will do for you.
Also, don't be fooled by features like Dynamic Overclocking. It isn't practically for stock users as the ram settings usually have to be relaxed and lowered for Dynamic Overclocking to work (unless you use high end ram like pc3700 or 4000, but most of the people who buy that type of ram are manually overclocking much higher than the 10% the Dynamic Overclocking does).
Everything else is more or less the same, some differences in the number of SATA ports and firewire ports.
Oh, I also found that it took forever for windows xp to shut down when using the msi vs. the asus - but this isn't necessarily from the mobo it could've been software that I loaded.
Hope that helps.

Back