• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt spark 7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gRaVeS

I finally got my new rig built and everything went fairly smooth. Only very minor glitches. But I thought Id post that so far I am very happy with my Spark7+.
On p4 2.8 (no oc) it keeps a steady 28-30C at about 4400rpm and is surprisingly quiet. I lower rpm to this when not gaming. She spins at 6700+ rpm full tilt and max temp Ive seen so far is 39C (it was warm in my place too). It is louder then of course but since Im gaming I dont hear it anyway.
Installation was simple, took about 20 seconds.
So for anyone who cares, it works well, very reasonably quiet at fairly high rpm and not too $$$ ($35/Cdn).

i have it on my brother's 2.4c and it's fine
have the fan controlled by his p4p800-dlx and it's quiet enough for us

btw, the stock cooling solution's goop is strong enough to pull the cpu out of it's socket!!

i had a spark 7 on my old p4 rig and loved it, too...very nice cooling alternative to the expensive hs's...

a piece of advice for ppl that buy hsf's from thermaltake, PLZ take off the grill that it comes with, thermaltake makes their grills SO air-restrictive, u are probably hearing a whiny-sound coming from the fan, it should go away after u remove the grill, and if u really want one, just replace it with a chrome wire grill

Back