• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stop Errors & overclocking:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weigel4

I built my first rig about 4 months ago and have been having stop error messages pretty much from the start but they only came around once a week. Now that I am trying to overclock, I can't even put the fsb up to 215 without barely getting into windows because of the stop errors.
The messages vary from Irql_not_less_or_equal, to Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, or 0x00000050, or 0x0000000a etc... I've been to microsoft, I've searched the web and I've booted into safe mode and unchecked everything at start up along with removing each piece of hardware one at a time including ram and yet still no results. Below are my setting when over clocking and below that, my build. If anybody can offer some help or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!!

The settings:
215fsb, Vcore- 1.65, dramfreq= 400, DDR Voltage 2.75, agp/pci 66/33, agp voltage 1.5, cass 3-4-4-8-4. Pat= auto, dram idler = auto, agp aperture = 128, performance mode = standard. Hopefully that covers all the important stuff???

The goods:
Thermaltake XaserIII W/420wPS
Asus p4c800 Deluxe
2.8ghz, (800fsb) Thermaltake Spark 7 series cooler
Twin xms 512mb Corsair pc 3700 (1024 total)
FIC Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb vid card
2 60 gig maxtors in a Raid 0

Weigel4, thanks in advance!

Make sure AGP/PCI is really locked.

Other than that i'd guess it's your RAM. Corsair is TERRIBLE! :)
I've seen a few memory tests where Corsair couldn't even reach
their specified frequency without spitting errors. I could be wrong
though, don't go buying new RAM just because of me. But, if you
do... get Mushkin.

Back