• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some imput please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooseboy52

Registered
Hello everyone, as you can see, im a newbie to the forums. As a newbie, i would like some imput on my mobo and cpu. i dont want to spend too much money, but if i need to i will. tell me how you think this sounds:

ABIT "IS7-E",Intel 865PE Chipset Springdale for Socket 478 Pentium 4 ATX motherboard -RETAIL
Specifications:
Supported CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 Processors(Hyper-Threading)
Chipset: Intel 865PE + ICH5
FSB: 800/533MHz
RAM: 4x DIMM support Single/Dual Channel DDR400 Max 4GB
IDE: 2x Ultra DMA 33/66/100 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 1x AGP PRO 8X, 5x PCI
Ports: 2xPS2,1xLPT,1xCOM,1xLAN,SPDIF In/Out,8xUSB2.0(Rear 4),Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: 6-Channel AC97 CODEC
Onboard LAN: Onboard 10/100M LAN
Onboard SATA: 2x Serial ATA 150MB/s
Form Factor: ATX

running a

Intel Pentium 4 / 2.8GHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB - OEM
Specifications:
CPU: 2.8GHz
Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
Cache: 512K
BUS: 800 Mhz
Socket: 478
OEM version

I was planning on running raid later on when i get enough money. i was also wondering if this would overclock well, whatever information you have would be greatly appreciated

thanks alot :D

If you want to save some money, go with a 2.4c if you can get one. It overclocks pretty well.

That's a good mobo. If you want to save a few bucks, get the 2.6C, it's a good bargain. The 2.6C is a good match for a lot of the available RAM too.

Back