• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best memory heat sinks for 9700/9500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Have a retail 9500 Pro and a OEM 9700 Pro that have finally made it to the mod shop...Looking for the best memory heat sinks available...Any suggestions???

Id say the copper thermaltake ones or the tweak monster ones. Thats just my opinion.

The TweakMonsters look good to me...Seems I saw some made by Alpha...Was thinking there might be something out there that I have missed...Thanks for the information...:D...Looks like the ones that work for the ATI cards are not sold at Directron...:( ...The TweakMonsters look like the better between the two...Being tin coated and precision machined bottoms are making me lean towards them...;)

Last edited:
ocz (i think) makes some pretty cool ones that seem to work good performace wise if i am correct....they are sold at directron.com

Well let me wheel on over there and check them out...:D ...Directron is less than a mile away from my house...Nothing like being able to get them right now...Even if they are a couple of bucks more than other places...:)

Wow...Those are some wild looking puppies...The 27m/m X 9m/m X 27m/m makes me wonder how effective they would be...Sure look cool...These are the ones I saw at OCZ's site that I am comparing to the TweakMonster Version 1's

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/accessories/OCZ+Copper+BGA+Ramsink

Hummm....OCZ flower-mini's...Maybe on the back side of the card with TweakMonsters on the front side...Well I am a function kinda of guy first...Still look way cool inside my case...:cool:

sounds good...or vice versa....its all up to you but i think the mosters or the mini-flowers would perform best

if your not a noise nazi.....mini flowers on both sides w/ a high cfm fan (tornado,delta,etc) would prolly give you some GOOD results

those mini flowers are too small for micro bga memory. they dont cover the entire dia size. I think the aluminum ones would be the better buy, or the tweakmonsters.

And how about the copper Zalman ones?

PD: I am new here, and I'm from Argentina :D.

Well Howdy from Texas!!! Blazko...And WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!! Sorry bout that, that's how we, or me anyway, talk down here...Well let me whirl on over to Zalman's site and see what they have to offer...I like the "flowers" but the diminsions just do not seem right for the memory on my cards...The TweakMonster's have the upper hand right now...The OCZ's look good but the Tweak's look better to me...BRB...Gotta go check out the Zalman's...Thanks again Blazko!!! :D

So far the only thing that I know of to do with the Zalman heatpipe is to buy RAMsinks like the OCZ Copper BGA (the one with thin fins) or the OCZ Flower. When you install the Zalman heatpipe, you bend the fins on the RAMsinks to the side to make the heatpipe fit.

take a look in the cooling parts classifieds, and see my sale for the little heatsinks- I will happliy custom make heatsinks in any dimension for you- just let me know!
Brian

Back