• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metric Conversion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blkgti

Does anyone know of a formula to convert QM/H into CFM? For example, if a fan is rated at 60 or 90 QM/H, what would that be in CFM? TIA!

blkgti,do you have a GTI? Anyway heres a link to metric conversion tables.There are other interesting fan facts also.
THE FANMAN:cool:
PS: Is this what your looking for? 1m3/min = 35.313 CFM

LINK :D

Off topic but here's a ^bump for ya. What does "tia" mean? I've seen in occasionally and always wondered what it meant.

archilochus said:
blkgti,do you have a GTI?

Yes, I do.

Anyway heres a link to metric conversion tables.There are other interesting fan facts also.
THE FANMAN:cool:
PS: Is this what your looking for? 1m3/min = 35.313 CFM

LINK :D

Thanks very much for the link!

1m3/hr = .5886 cfm. So 90qm/h = ~53cfm

14639.jpg

I was curious about this, because I'm playing with a 90x90x32 Papst fan that's rated at 90qm/h. It's delivering about the same load temps as a 92mm Panaflo U1A with a similar, albeit, differently tuned noise level. This particular Papst has a very large spindle area, which would point to a similarly sized dead spot, but its performance is fairly good. One thing, though; this fan is very heavy.

I'm also expecting two of these:

CF-172.jpg

I may use them as the top exhaust fans in the Lian-Li PC-75, and I'll try them on the CPU, too. They're 80x80x38 and rated at 60qm/h, so I'm expecting them to be relatively quiet.

Are we talking about a buick on the GTI.Off subject..:D I kinda
figured you were looking at the Papst fans.I did a google on qm/h
and come up with some German links.Then i put metric conversions in and got a few hits.Sounds like thats going to be a sweet rig. THE FANMAN:cool:

archilochus said:
Are we talking about a buick on the GTI.Off subject..:D

It's a VW, the only true GTI :) All 2200lbs of it.

I kinda figured you were looking at the Papst fans.I did a google on qm/h and come up with some German links.Then i put metric conversions in and got a few hits.Sounds like thats going to be a sweet rig. THE FANMAN:cool:

I got the Lian-Li PC-75 today, and it's even more gorgeous than I remembered. I'd like to stuff the rig into it right now, but I'm gonna take my time and make sure the quality of the install is on par with the case.

Back