• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit ic7 max 3 voltage prob?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noob_123

does the abit ic7 max 3 still have the voltage prob? if it does is this a big issue..better to get the asus p4c 800-e deluxe?

planin on usin 1 gig of mushkcin pc3500 lvl 2 black

I hear its hit and miss on boards. The voltage problem I have been reading about is the vdimm unstable after 2.8v. Now from what I have read its hit and miss some get good after that some not. My IC7 Max 3 is in the store now gonna wrap my mobo up and take it back and get me this board.

Be smart, get a P4C800-e deluxe, wish I had one. I made the mistake of getting an IC7-G and now a Max3, the IC7-G is actually more stable but the Max3 was a complete waste of money. Abit isn't gettin' anymore of my cash.

sbud said:
...... Max3 was a complete waste of money. Abit isn't gettin' anymore of my cash.

....you can say that again. However I'm leary of volt mods and the P4C800-E is still $190. Unfortunately, the AI7 from Abit has working 3.2 vdimm/1.6 vtt. uGuru appears to be very covienent from the posts I've been reading around the different forums.

My MAX3 is about to become a paper weight.

I got the vdimm voltage problem also, will RMA the board when I know that it can be fixed.

they can fix the vdimm flux the vtt is whats still messed up on it and in all likelyhood will continue to be. i have 2 max3s and they both act crazy at 2.9 to 3.1 have to use 3.2, 2.8 or below for it to work right so if your buying the board to use the higher ddr volts which is why most people were buying the ic7max3 you might want to look into the ai7 i know im thinking of picking one up to play with in next couple weeks.

The new version 1.1 Max3 is supposed to have the VTT bug fixed. It should be released soon. There is no problem until you go run the vmem above 2.8v like was said earlier. Right now if you want Abit and want high vmem, the AI7 seems to be the board of choice.

Do you think I will be able to RMA my board and get a newer version, or am I stuck with this one?

if you rma your board now theyll just remove the mc64 cap for you which helps the voltage stability from 2.9 to 3.1v the vtt will still be off though

I haven't looked for the cap, but mine does the vtt stable all the way up. It does seem to read a tad low however, For Example it reads 3.15 for 3.2. Anyway where do you look for the cap?

Back