• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woa! check the program out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Woa! check this program out

Im sure its been posted before, but I just got one of those CPU cooling programs. Jeez, I was a skeptic but this thing is great.

Before Program: Idle - ( 40 - 42....the heater is on gimme a break)

After Prog: Idle - ( 32 - 33c*) On an Thermalright SK-700 with fancontroller set on the lowest possible setting :D

No errors or complaints thus far.....worth tryin

Linky: http://www.cpuidle.de/index.html?download.html

Has the lowered temp helped your OC at all? have been able to get your CPU higher since you got that program? Sorry, but I'm skeptical, too.

Idle? What's idle? :p BTW I think you can enable idling without having to run this program. Do a search for via idle hack.

..Nah it dosnt help OCing so far as I can tell, thats why I put this topic in cooling. All it does is relieve the whirring of all my fans 4 OCing. Man its great relief to finally hear my HDD again:D. Besides havin a quiet PC helps me write term papers. Its just somethin nice so you dont have to keep your fans on full blast while surfing the net. Once you activate any CPU heavy programs, it disables itself.

Still I think the program is very handy for the times we dont need 50+ Dbls to listen to music and such

...yet I wonder Im gonna run P95 and see what happens.

Last edited:
hmmm....just ran P95.. Temps still low around 39-40, still lower than it was before.

I guess I could run some benchies tommorow and see. I would do it tonight but I gotta finish a project thats due tommorow

.....hmmmm It gets even more interesting. Just looped 3dMark03. Temps rose 3C* to 36C* and score was unaffected. Me thinks this ones a keeper:)

.....I guess I could start foldin, @ school we dont pay for "exessive" power billz:D

i want to mention the dangers this program can couse an over clocked cpu.
the program basically shuts the cpu off in my understanding.
so little power or voltage is on the cpu.

now take a system like most ocers have and the high vcores and its like going from 0v to 2v in milliseconds!

this can be dangerous to over clocked cpus.
i have tried them long ago before i really became serous into ocing.and from what i found then it coused alot of instabilities in ocing.
why? well you have a cpu running say 2.5ghz and when the program shuts it off it isnt getting much voltage.ever run an oced chip without enough voltage?

hey try the stuff out,i highley doubt anything bad will happen in trying.
btw you should start folding and then you dont need to worry about an idle cpu :D

woops...well I got almost all the way through 3dmark03...but it started to artifract towards the end. (didnt have my video card blower on ;) ) CPU temp still was @ 36.....very strange

I have my voltage @ 1.5 so I dont think its gonna kill it.

Speakin about voltage...the program seems to be addin voltage...yet the temp is down. My volts (courtesy of MBM5) are usually around 1.55 but with this prog theyre up around 1.58-.59 consistantly.

This program is very strange indeed....I will look into it further

UPDATE: It just jumped to 1.61 for a sec :confused:

Last edited:
deathstar13 said:
i want to mention the dangers this program can couse an over clocked cpu.
the program basically shuts the cpu off in my understanding.
so little power or voltage is on the cpu.

I don't believe the app affects the voltage but just issues some sort of Halt command to the cpu. So, basically it goes from idle to "laid back, straight chillin :cool: ". If the cpu isn't working at all, it's not gonna heat up.

....ummm The Program is ADDING voltage to the CPU. More than it normally does.

This is tooo wierd....but hey im not complaining I just want results

Sentential said:
hmmm....just ran P95.. Temps still low around 39-40, still lower than it was before.

I guess I could run some benchies tommorow and see. I would do it tonight but I gotta finish a project thats due tommorow

Run the test back to back, with and without the program, a couple times.

The program cannot lower load temperatures. Something else is at work here. Not the program though.

the voltages are fluxing due to the cpu not useing any voltage and thus allowing the lines to spike.

its just the opposite as going from idle to load,you see voltages drop.
with this your going from some what idle/ load,to nothing,thus the lines raise.

Sentential said:
....ummm The Program is ADDING voltage to the CPU. More than it normally does.

Have you ever watched your voltages this closely before? I don't doubt you're seeing what you're seeing but I am skeptical about the app being able to up the voltage, yet still be able to drop the temp. As Spock would say, "That's illogical, Captain." :)

Its funny that you mention that, Actually since my MB unaturaly raises the Vcore of my chip (supposed to be 1.5 / 1.55 actual) I decided to watch I for a while tryin to figure out if my MB was messed up. (I was havin problems with my PC @ that time...turned out to be a bad stick of RAM)

Anyway...the prog is definatly upping the Vcore. Maybe its like the previous post said..possiblly excess volts in the lines.

Ill run P95 with all progs open for a coupla minutes and see.

Figured I give you guys a quick update. MBM shows that THIS prog is takin priority over Prime95. (CPU @ 0% usage)

However temps are the same...slightly higher 36-38/40 range in 3dmark03. Yet I see no drop in score or preformance?!

Your not running prime the right way in order to get true full load readings from it. You must have Prime running at priority 10. Do not run any other programs while doing this, if they do anything they will cause interupts that will give the CPU a breath of fresh air. It is best to let Prime run by itself at priority 10 uninterupted.

This will cause your computer to respond poorly, but give it time and the MBM readings will update.

Read here for why:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248225&highlight=stability

Im sure thats what goin on. Still....Prime or no Prime low temps (almost 9C* colder) after looping 3Dmark03 WITHOUT any preformance loss or score loss is really good!

It dosnt seem to be affecting anything but my temps....and for that I am quite satisified

Back