• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
noob_123 said:
whats the best fan controller to get? vantec nexus...etc.

I just got me a Vantec Nexus... I like it a lot. Very kewl looking... The only thing I think that could have helped (esp when optimizing case airflow) is the ability to turn off power to a fan.

there are alot of vantec nexus' what are the differences and which is the best of them?

I had a 5.5 4 fan Nexus controller but quickly got rid of it because of the loud buzzing sound it would emit when I connected my more powerful fans. I believe their are specs on the power it can handle although I don't remember them.

I like the Thermaltake Hardcano 9.It looks good, controls 4 channels,has a remote temp probe,records high/low temps,monitors currant temp, high temp adjustable alarm.All in LCD.Only draw back is its watts per channel capability.Two of the channels go to 0.8watts and the other two have a max of 0.35watts.Not a prob for my setup though.If you run high watt fans look at the Sunbeam fan controller.THE FAMAN:cool:

hey archilochus i dont really need something with an lcd since it will be behind the drive door what would do well with that coolermaster aero blower we were talkin about and the fans in this tt xaser classic which im plannin on gettincase link

thx fanman

i have the enermax 6 fan controller and love it. only problem (i dunno how common it is) is that the 2nd temp sensor doesn't work :( for $30 though i'm still extremely happy

Thats a nice looking case.My case door has a slot cut out,OE.
I looked at your proposed case,and the door may limit your choices of a controller.Mod Time! :D Heres a link to a place to check out.Let me know what you think about it.Take a look at my door in my thread.Just giving you some ideas to work with.
THE FANMAN:cool:
PS: Get AOL instant messenger.It's free!

LINK

i really like the vantec versions they had out and the sunbeam ones are great also, the only problem with the earlier versions of the nexus was constant buzzing when your fan is turned down low

Back