• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech Mcx 462+ Vs"s Thermaltake Volcano 11+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i have a chance to pick the swifty up at a decent price but wonder how much better you think it will handle my temps?

im doing 2473 @1.94v 215fsb with a barton 2500 and i get 49-50c folding.

i know it should be better and ill swap fans and put the TT on a video card.

so any guesses on temp differances?

Volcano 11 is in 41st place on the Heatsink Ratings page, compared to 6th for the Swifty, So if you have the money get the swifty. It performs better with a low speed fan(2535rpm) than the V11 does with a High speed 4800rpm Smart fan.!! That should tell you how much better the swifty is. With the fan on Medium(~3400rpm) I would guess a temp Diff' of atleast 8°C, going by the reviews statistics.

Swifty: http://overclockers.com/articles633/

Volcano 11: http://overclockers.com/articles739/

Last edited:
ty for the info!
really i read those already.
and i own the TT 11+ also,but i just bought the swifty.

i just need to get to 2.5ghz and if you see my specs above im at the wall with the TT.

the TT will mabey go on a 5900ultra i just picked up.

so id guess your saying ill lower my temps by mabey 8c?
wow i can get a full extra .1vcore :D

ty ty!
and ty for the help.
even 5c its a worthy upgrade.
i need a good heatsink on the 5900 and the TT will do wonderfully!

i can do 2.5ghz now but i hit 51-52c folding and i get way to nervous with temps that high.

51C isn't a high temp.... but get the swifty it would out perform that TT by alot.

stan03 said:
51C isn't a high temp.... but get the swifty it would out perform that TT by alot.
in most peoples books no it isnt high.
but ive kinda got myself trained that it is bad.
im used to h20 and refer h20 cooling.

but on top of that running 1.9vcore and up imo over 50c is asking for problems.even if its only stability issues its to much heat to me.

i dont want to burn up a great ocing unlocked 2500.
yeh i have hopes the swifty saves me :D

you know, if the price is really good, then go and pick it up, but an amd version of the intel SP94, called the SP97 is coming out around christmas. it should be much better than the swifty but will prolly cost 50us dollars or so.

im picking it up for $30 shipped.
in a few months im hoping ive left air cooling behind me.
i just cant stand all the noise much longer :D

yup i gotta support our classifieds sellers :D

the TT will try and be placed onto a 5900 ultras gpu if i can make it work.

yup is my plan, gotta love these 5900's so cheap.
beats a 9800 pro anyday when you get it for half the cost!

Back