• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin or Kingston ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornetet

Registered
Which DDR kit below is a BETTER choice if I'm building an Intel P4 3.0C GHz with an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe mobo ???

....and WHY???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kingston HyperX Series Dual Kits 184 Pin 256MBx2 DDR PC-4000
Manufacturer: Kingston
Model: KHX4000K2/512
Speed: DDR500(PC4000)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 3-4-4-8 1T
Support Voltage: 2.5V-2.7V
Bandwidth: 4.0GB/s
Organization: two 32M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime

NEWEGG PRICE = $145.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mushkin 184 Pin 256MBx2 DDR PC-3500 Level II Dual Pack - Retail
Specification
Manufacturer: Mushkin
Model: 991097
Speed: DDR433(PC3500)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2-2-2
Support Voltage: 2.5V-2.75V
Bandwidth: 3.5GB/s
Organization: two 32M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime

NEWEGG PRICE = $167.00

I would take Mushkin over Kingston anyday. Their customer service is top notch. Mushkin also looks awesome with the all black PCB and heatspreaders. Not to mention the awesome performance you will get out of those. I have 512 of Lvl2 Black PC3200 that does DDR460 at 2-3-2-6, so I imagine some PC3500 will do even better.

personally I went with the kingston hyper x pc 3500 and never regretted it. They can do 400 mhz at 2-2-2-5 and thats all I need.

Although if you feel like spending the extra few dollars I would also go with Mushkin.

I ordered mushkin level 2 blacks with an abit AI7 mb. There was a problem running these components together. Between the keeping the mb or the mushkins, I kept the mushkins and ordered a p4c800, b/c as everyone says mushkins rule.

I for one will stand up for Kingston. I just purchased a GB of kingston hyperx pc3200 and I am pleased with it. It does 2-2-2-5 at 400 mhz. I haven't tried anything higher yet.

I have nothing against Mushkin except that their memory is a bit more expensive and I got the same performance out of Kingston. They both use the same Winbond BH-5 chips.

So out of the 2 that you listed I would go for Mushkin because of the lower timings. But you could probably get the same thing from Kingston for a little better price.

Back