• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 or P4P800-Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

As topic says, which one should I go with. I know they both overclock well, but I think Id like the one with the most features and such.

Abit's AI7

Asus P4P800-Deluxe

Which one you think I should go with? Im tempted to go with Abit since my cousin and a friend both used abit boards and they really nice. Although cousin used an Asus for his, and it was really nice too...ugh what to do.

I want to order it tomorrow =).

Funny, I'm having the same question since I'm also planning for a new Intel system. I think I'll go with the AI7 since it's only $99 at www.zipzoomfly.com. Plus it has all the features that I want. The Asus costs so much more and there are features I'm sure I would never use (Gigabit ethernet, raid, etc). The only thing I'm concern of is whether the board will be compabitle with Prescott or not. Hope this help!

Does anybody know what motherboard will be compatible with Prescott? Thanks.

Thanks, alright Im going with the AI7 , at ZipZoomFly for $99 cant beat it with a stick. What exactly is gigabit lan? Ill probably never use RAID, only thing I liked bout the P4P800 was the RCA Audio Out.

i thought the ai7 boards had a new power design implemented on them so they could run prescott (i.e. turning the socket 45 degrees).

Sorry to say this, but I have heard of rumors about memory incompatibility on the AI7. I should have said this earlier. It just slipped my mind. Can you guys post your new comps and how they're working?

seamadan000, I just found out about the SIS655TX too. Pretty amazing uh? It's better than Intel in tests. Too bad I can't find any site selling them. The price is competitive, but I'd feel better going with Intel knowing they made very reliable chips. Let's just wait a while and see how everybody fares with the SIS655TX.

Can somebody show me the link about the AI7 being compatible with Prescott? Thanks.

Those SiS chipsets are extremely voltage-limiting. I was looking at them, but the voltage options are horrible (default vcore or +.1v; default vdimm or +.1v).

Well, I just bought my AI7 over here in Aussie for $200, which is probably around $100 in your yank dollars.

My god. This board is ****ing awsome.

On my old SINXP1394, awsome board don't get me wrong - just didn't overclock to well, I was only able to get a max stable FSB of 172. Now on this I can get up to 176FSB @ 1.675vCore, but I think it's undervolting to ~1.625vCore.

Another thing though, I was getting around ~35c to ~40c under load depending on the ambient with my old setup, not on this one, I'm getting like ~40's ... I don't think the temp prob on this thing is correct.

Other than that, it's a ****ing awsome board, plethora of overclocking tools :)

176-170.jpg

Also, uGuru. That is awsome, like EasyTune for GB but better :D

Ryan.

have u tried O/C'd in the bios? instead of software based? see if it will go higher?

i personalyl just dont trust the software overclockers over a good solid bios.

I havent tried overclocking in uGuru yet, I was just showing what it's like.

Someone want to sell me an M0 :)

Ryan.

I'd go with the AI7. I currently have the AI7 in my system and had a P4P800 DLX and the AI7 is a better board IMHO. It can go up to 3.2 vdimm without mods and has much better voltage regulation.

-Tony

I got the AI7, but having some weird checksum error and cant get windows installed, sent it back for replacement havent got it yet though =)

Checksum before posting? Try holding down the F1 key while hitting delete to get into the BIOS, then up the DDR Voltage to at least 2.8. I also have BH5s and I had the same deal happen and finally figured out how to get into the BIOS.

Back