• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whooaaa there cowboy!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maybe that the amount of thermal compound appears to be ummm.... a little bit much?

Wow! A BLUE shim! I never understood why they make these in different colours. Unless your heatsink is transparent (which as far as I know is uncommon) you can't see it. :)

Duke Blackfist said:
Wow! A BLUE shim! I never understood why they make these in different colours. Unless your heatsink is transparent (which as far as I know is uncommon) you can't see it. :)

i dont' think they purposely made it blue.
from site
""Anodizing" aluminum or titanium oxidizes the surface"

Hah, there's enough thermal compound on that proc to last me atleast 10 mounts.

I can't wait until you can customize your shim color.... rofl that pic rocks. Best part is that they are serious and someone obvusly should get fired for applying that tim. Perhaps this can be part of the new(or first) how not to apply your tim.

Hah, there's enough thermal compound on that proc to last me atleast 10 mounts.

LOL...Yeah I think they went a little overboard...Just thought you guy's would get a kick out of the picture...Does show how to mount the probe for a compu-nurse on a AMD...I do not use shims...But the little cut out for the compu-nurse probe is a good idea for people who do use shims...:)

Thats true, I cut a section similar to this out of a tbird shim a while back. I don't think this method is accurate enough though. Ugh, back to those internal diodes :-/

Well...Just like voltage readings...I take them with a digital volt, ohm meter and compare them against the BIOS reading's, what MBM5 sezzz...And the windows program that comes with most motherboards...If the digital volt, ohm meter seezzz its 11.94 on the 12volt rail and MBM5 seezzz it is at 11.44V...I assume that MBM5 is .50V off...So now I can watch MBM5 and if it seezzz...11.14... I start to worry...But then and only then...I bust out the digital volt ohm meter and check what in my mind are the real numbers...:)...And basically do the same with temps...I install my little ole Lian-Li T-4 termerature monitor rack...What are my real temp's??? Who know's??? But I know one thing for sure...I can decide what is real and watch the temps on my compu-nurse...Or MBM5 or the BIOS...I just like hard numbers...Like a digital volt ohm meter or a Compu-nurse will provide...:D

Last edited:
Back