• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 and Raptor Raid-0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Anyone have that combination? Hows the performance? I remember back when the p4p800 came out people were saying that the performance of the raptors on that motherboard was below par... is that still the case? I was thinking of selling my 2 80gb wd and get to raptors instead cause I dont need the room. What kind of score are you getting in sisoftware sandra?

it seems no one here has that setup... i do have a P4P800 with two SATA 120gb seageats in RAID0... and i've also tried it with a silicon image controller in raid0 and the ICH5R blows it out of the water... i'm talking 80mb/s in sandra vs 63... and it "feels" better too... but for raptors i don't know... i think you should get incredible performance IMHO.. ;)

i have the setup. see my sig

it performs great. very responsive and very fast throughput. i did a whole post on this in anandtech forums a while back (month or two). i'll see if i can find it

- edit -
darn.. they seem to erase posts from just a month ago. i cant find it

ok i just ran HD Tach.. didnt close any open programs but i didnt think that would make too big of a difference

http://www.teamxile.com/flakk/raptor_raid_p4p800.gif

make SURE that if you're going to raid 2 raptors together you use 8k stripe size (or a very small one). It took me a long time of testing and reading up on forums to realize the best stripe size was the smallest. My performance before I learned this was mediocre at best and i was baffled as to why. Just a tip to save you time of remaking the striped drives and reinstalling everything like I had to :)

Hey, how did you install windows on your raptors? Every time I try and install windows says I dont have drives installed. I pressed f6 during windows install and gave it the raid drivers but it still doesnt find the sata drives.

ViolaDude said:
Hey, how did you install windows on your raptors? Every time I try and install windows says I don't have drives installed. I pressed f6 during windows install and gave it the raid drivers but it still doesn't find the sata drives.

Be sure you are using the sata drivers for the bios revision you are running. If you have not updated your bios then you need to use the older drivers. I ran into the same problem.

Back