• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G + HyperX 3000 = NO good??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Don K

Hi there!
Subject says it all: Are there any known compatbility problems between the IC7-G and HyperX 3000?
Just checking, since im very close to buying a IC7-G, and only just heard rumors about the "non-combatibillity" issue....

Thx!!

Good luck with that HX3000, it is supposed to be BH5 if i'm remembering correct.
Just make sure you disable the last two things under Advanced Chipset settings. I recommend:
Auto
Auto
Auto
Disable
Disable

Then you shouldn't have any problems... also, max out vdimm... BH5 loves it...

VDimm max on the IC7-G is 2,85V right?
Is that enough for the HX3000 or is a VDimm mod needed?
(As in your sig Crotale ;-) BTW, how do you do that?)

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, that the system is for a "B" chip, and i dont expect to get ANY higher than 200 FSB (= only moderate OC of the RAM, since I'll be using the 1:1 divider

I have two IC7 mobos and the max vmem is 2.8v (the IC7-G is the same). I also have a pair of Kingston HyperX PC3000 RAM and they're awesome. No problems at all on the IC7. It actually does better than my OCZ PC3500 EL RAM. If your PC3000 is rated 2,2,2,6,1T timing, then it has the good BH-5 chips. You will be happy. You might even be able to use a higher ratio, like the 4:5 probably.

Don K said:
VDimm max on the IC7-G is 2,85V right?
Is that enough for the HX3000 or is a VDimm mod needed?
(As in your sig Crotale ;-) BTW, how do you do that?)

The vdimm is a little tricky... search this forum and you'll find info and links about it...

Back