• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Silent Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blueboy1986

Anybody know the best 80mm fan that provides good air circulation and is not all that loud and expensive?

My case can have up to 7 fans, and my cpu is running a lil hotter then normal. i have some fans but they are to noisy and they dont provide good air circulation. whats my best option?

yup panaflows are nice, or if you want to have adjustable fans there are always the Smart Fan IIs, which now come in blue LEDs also.

I would go with the panaflos. Not only do they push a nice amount of air for their very low noise, but they do not develop the odd whining, ticking or humming etc as badly as many other fans do when undervolted.

I like the basic simple antec ones. They run about a few bucks per fan and are very quiet yet still move a decent amount of air.

Another vote for Panaflo here. I bought some Panaflo and my system not only runs cooler, it is much more silent than anything in my whole room. I can leave my computer running all day and night. It is whisper quiet. There is only a silent little hummmmmm.

My 120mm Vantec Stealths were prety much silent when I bought them. Within a month one developed a really annoying ticking sound and the other one developed a high-pitched whine.

I know it may sound crazy, but I would go with the thermaltake smart fan II. It is noisy as all hell, but it has a speed controller, so you can quiet it down. It makes for a pretty versatile solution. Good luck.

-Collin-

Without any doubt, papst fans are the best of all. Question just is, if you can get them in the US, as they are a German product.

Linky linky

Cheers, Flix

Dont forget to remove the fan grids in the case .These are the grid structures infront of or behind your fans.Good idea to use some rubber fan grommets also.These grommets will dampen vibrations made by the fans.Vibrations are noise.Get the better fans will also quieten your system. THE FANMAN:cool:

MOD LINK :D

heh, an EPO (electronics part outlet) a few miles from where i live sells HUGE papst fans, metal ones too...i think they also sell lower sized like 80m... they also sell those 172mm fans some ppl try to put in their systems

My 80mm Tornado works surprisingly well on a controller (quiet and decent temps), but it may just be me.

The Tornado is really all that bad. If you don't mind the noise then it is great. But if you can't stand it, the you gotta put it on a rheostat or a controller of some sort. When I first got mine, I was blown away by how lound it was. My only thoughts were OMG.

I've had good luck with the inexpensive SVC fans from here. They push 32 CFM @ 28.3 dB - I can barely hear them. Best of all, they are only $1.49 (3 pin mobo connector) or $2.49 (4 pin pass-through connector).

Back