• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the alpha 8045 fit on the NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BowerR64

Its the larger bolt on 80mm alpha sink. Has anyone used this on a NF7-S? It looks to big but im not sure.

SWEET! thanks, i was afraid i was gona have to buy a new cooler.

i sure am glad these new boards have a thermal shutdown, i woulda nuked my new 1800+ the bolts that mount to the board wernt down far enough and the sink was bairly touching the core. i got the 3 alarm siren sound beep boop beep boop FIRE FIRE!!:eek:

I don't know what equipment you have on yours (washers etc) but I have mine very tight (can't turn it any more by hand) and it's all gravy :)

crimedog said:
I don't know what equipment you have on yours (washers etc) but I have mine very tight (can't turn it any more by hand) and it's all gravy :)

Ya i did the same thing but the washers that come with the sink were to tall. That raised the aluminum bolt/post thing up so that the sink botoms out on the post. It felt tight and i turned the screws all the way down till they stopped.

look at the picture to see what im talking about.

attachment.php

Ohhh I see... I bought mine used so probably don't have all the washers, and no documentation.
I just put the metal screws through the board with no washer underneath

crimedog said:
Ohhh I see... I bought mine used so probably don't have all the washers, and no documentation.
I just put the metal screws through the board with no washer underneath

I didnt wana do that, i wanted to crank the bolts down tight. The screws that go into the bolts thread in kinda tight some times and if i ever need to take the sink off it unscrews the nut from the bottom of the board and then i gotta take the whole board out to fix it. I found some metal nuts that fit the bolts so its good now it should never come loose again. I used some red fabric washers this time, or graphite some red washers i got from a different case i used on the bottom.

Back