• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running Hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

For some reason i just got my new abit max3 and now my cpu is running at 43c no load on Abit Eq but in bios its 49c no load runs 57c under torture test. This is something new wasnt this way on my gigabyte. Its the same cpu. My heatsink is a Jet 4 by coolermaster.

Sounds about right...I had a IC7, 2.6 HT P-4, with a Swiftech MCX 4000 that EQ reported about the same as yours...Abit's temps are known to off...Try MBM5 as that is what most of the guy's here use when reporting temps...:D

Did that and I am still showing 44c idle i was on my other board before i switched 30c so what's the deal should i not have put paste back on my processor?

as hookem sed, abit's have been known to have really off temps, dont trust it, use an external probe, its usually more accurate than the sensor on the nf-7

Okay if i go external probe how do i go abouts mounting it on a 2.8c. Any suggestions on a probe would be appreciated. I have a TT 2000a with probe but it was designed for amd not p4.

well im not too sure on that...im an AMD man myself...it would be a bit hard to try getting it on the IHS, but u could prolly tape/glue it to the side where the hsf doesnt make contact with the IHS (integrated heat spreader if u didnt know)

I know what ihs is but i would prefer something with better tempuratures so i can oc and see what my readings are.

but because of the IHS, u wouldnt get completely correct on-die cpu temps if u used an external probe, just the temp of the IHS, but it should be fairly close if u glue or tape it to the side where it doesnt contact the hsf as i stated earlier...just not 100% accurate

Back