• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

im getting an antec sonata, which comes with a 120mm antec fan and ill be adding a 2nd fan which is a 120mm enermax adjustable. i *think* the enermax can output more cfm, so should i use it in the back of the case for exhaust, or at the front behind the harddrive cage for intake?

I'd put it in the back. It would be a shame to waste the exhaust power of the fan to the HDD cages.By putting it in the rear you'll get that hot air out faster and it will aide the front fan.Be sure to remove all fan restricters to get maximun capabilities of the fans.
Keep your flow up & temps down,THE FANMAN:cool:

That sounds about right. Although it'd be better to have both fans at the same CFM if possible. If you have more going out than coming in, you get negative pressure. Negative pressure will tend to suck dust in from just about every crack it can find.

Yes watch out for negative pressure, you're case will tend to suck in lots and lots of dust. As johan851 says, just make sure you have more air going in, than out. It's as simple as that.

As long as you are using a fan controller you can adjust the flow and pressure in the rigs case.If you have the need to! THE FANMAN:cool:

Back