• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max 3 TEmperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

I am having problems knowing what my temperatures are on this board. My cpu temperature is 43C idle and 57c under torture test. On my old Gigabyte the temps were 30c idle 46 load. I dont believe that my temps have risen that much just by switching boards. I hear that abit sensors arent very good but mbm5 gives me the same crap. Pls help. Btw this is not oc'd atm so the extreme temps isnt from that.

my understanding is that abit boards tend to read the cpu temp aprx 5 degress hotter then other mobos this is due to the fact that they base there temp reading on a calculation done directly on the cpu die instead of using a external temp probe. needless to say this has frustrated alot of people who have gone from one manufacturer to another

what type of cooling are you using and what type of cpu is it

Yeah I found a post about it earlier. I believe its 5 degrees difference because on my gigabyte i was running 52c full load and now i am running 57c full load I can live with the difference as long as i know its 5c. I need better cooling that is for sure. I am using a coolermaster Jet 4. Gonna switch to slk-947 with a vantec 92mm fan.

well my temps i feel are accurate because on my koolance sensor i am reading 25c but on the abit it says 30c so yea it could possibly be that the sensor that is located right on the board so it might be hotter

tough to say . I wouldnt go over 53c at full load that would suck

Back