• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 not cold booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Detract

Hey,

ive had this annoying problem with my IC7 for the last week. Upon booting the machine up it just hangs on a black screen. I tried for a hour trying to get the damn thing working, changing the CMOS jumper, CMOS battery, RAM, CPU's and graphics cards. I found however that when I tried using on old PCI video card the system worked. I had tried several AGP cards fearing the worst, that my 9800p died. Although the system works I can only deem this a temporary solution as I would like my 9800 back in. Any ideas.

Cheers

Take a look at the voltage rails... It might be possible that a Mosefet blew up... I'm just shooting from the hip here but it was happening when the IC7 was first released... Also check for any cappasitors that might have exploded or even expanded.... Could be that the AGP slot isn't getting power....

Back