• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extra HDDs raise temps by 10C!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I just added 6 hdds to my main sys (turning into a media center) and my temps shot up 10C! I used to get 39C load now I am running at 49-51C. I guess the combination of restricted air flow due to the extra components and the heat generated by them kinda adds up.

by the way, the w/c is NOT in use at the moment. The w/c ing setup is being built and should be done in a week or so. I am building a custome case and enclosure for the LARGE res, Eheim 1250 pump, and dtek heatercore. It will be nice. :D

Awesome, and yeah 6 HD's are gonna put out some heat, lol. How many fans you have to cool them? Heat is an issue for HD's too, you won't want them failing prematurely.

at the moment I only have 1 80mm fan in the front of my case. This is just a temp until my w/c case is done. looks like no side panel on it for now.

How much space you have on those hard drives? I have like 60 movies only taking up like 45 gigs so I shudder to think the amount you must have.

Back