• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new Asus Combo WONT work!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan87951

Registered
I just received my Asus P4P800 Deluxe, Intel P4 2.8C, Corsair XMS 512MB kit PC3700 (2x 256MB sticks), WD Raptor 36GB drive, and Samsung CDRW drive. Well the problem is I hooked everything up and get no beep for the PC speaker or any picture on the display. The hard drive won't even spin up when its pluged into the motherboard and the CDRW drive will not open when powered. If I disconnect both drives from the motherboard then the hard drive will power up and the CDRW drive will open its tray. My power supply is a Antec 400W so I don't think that is a problem. I have a Gainward Geforce 4 Ti4200 Golden Sample 650XP card which I can't remember if its a 3.3V card or 1.5V AGP card. Does anyone know? Even if I remove the video card and have no video card installed and try to power it up I still get no error codes from the PC speaker what so ever. Could my motherboard DOA?

Ok I think i might have figured something out. What power connections are required for this motherboard? I have the ATX prong plugged into the motherboard which is by the floppy drives and thats it. I was told that P4's have another plug that must be plugged in in order for them to work? Is this true?

Yes there is another plug for P4 motherboards. It should be coming out from the power supply if it is a P4 power supply.

Yes it must be a P4 power supply since it has the plug. I plugged that in and I still get no video but the hard drive powers up and so does the cdrom now. What else could be the cause? I'm kinda dissapointed in newegg because my processor was no factory sealed, almost like I got a refurbished processor or a used one that some one returned. Also I plugged everything and powered it up but smoke was coming from the SATA port on the motherboard so I hurried and shut her down. Another weird thing to was that the DDR memory in bank B1 was getting real hot while the DDR memory in Bank A1 was perfectly fine. I think I just got a DOA motherboard, I'm gonna have my friend check out the remaining parts to verfiy that they are ok. Man what a bummer...

Back