• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got my Max3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

I love this board. I need better cooling though. I think that is some of my problem eventhough its off i am running 56-60c under torture test. So its like 50-55c that is just too high for me. I have it running now at 3.0ghz on 1:1 ratio.

Thermalright SP-94. Yes, it will fit. I have one on my MAX3. Get a decent fan with at least 60cfm and you'll be set.

The heatsink will touch the side of the northbridge fan, but it's not tight. it also doesn't touch the OTES thing, there's plenty of room. The 900A, 900U, 947U, and SP94 all take 80mm fans and 92mm. I think even 80mm x 38mm will fit too. I know i've personally put an 80mm x 25mm and a 92mm x 25mm and it worked just fine. Don't worry :) Come back and ask questions after you get it if something concerns you.

i can tell you with my max 3 i get these temps

3.0c at 237 fsb 3.54 gighertz

full load 43-44c
idle ----- 36-38c
temps are in windocter "i like this program"
1 case fan
koolance

just took of the intel heatspreader on the cpu i now get these temps.

32c bootup
37 idle
44c full load but im at 3650mhz stable . I was getting the same temps at 3500mhz with my heatspreader on. I gained some

Back