• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best copper heatsink for p-4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

This is what I have.
At Idels temp on CPU is running 33-34. The stock fan and heat sink is on the CPU.

· Thermaltake W0011+PFC Silent Purepower 480W with Silver
housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply.

· Thermaltake Xaser III V1000D Chassis, 12-Bay,

. Intel Pentium 4 (800 FSB) Motherboard Model D875PBZLK Retail
Specifications:
Chipset: Intel 875P
IDE:2x IDE with Ultra DMA 33 and ATA-66/100 support
RAM:4x 184-pin DIMM connect, Double Data Rate DDR266/DDR333/DDR400 support
Slots:1 x AGP 8X, and 5 x PCI
Ports:2xPS2, 4x USB, (see pics)
Onboard SATA:2
Onboard LAN: Gigabit 10/100/1000 Intregrated

· Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS PCI Internal Sound
Superior Fidelity 24-bit ADVANCED HD™

2 Western Digital Raptor 36GB SATA WD360GD 10,000 RPM 8MB Hard Drive

· Intel Pentium 4 / 2.8CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading
Technology 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL
Specifications:
CPU: 2.8GHz
Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
Cache: 512K
BUS: 800 Mhz
Socket: 478
Retail box (with Heatsink and Fan)

CD ROM, DVD
ROM or CDRW. \\

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency (Twin Pack)
1GB(2 x 512MB) 2x(64MX64) PC-3200LLPT With Platinum - Silver Heat
Speed 400 MHz
Memory type DDR

· ATI RADEON 9800XT 256MB DVI/TV 8X AGP
Chipset:Radeon 9800XT
Memory: 256MB DDR
Bus: AGP 8X
256-bit DDR memory interface \

· VeloCD 52x24x48x Internal ATAP/E-IDE CDRW Drive
TDK Internal Burners Add High-Performace CD Recording To Your Computer

· DVD cdrom.

· Windows PRO XP.

baltoos said:
ZGOZZ,
According to this article the ThermalRight SP94 is the best copper heatsink out there. SK800U & SK900U are also supposed to be very good. I have an SK7 on my wife's rig & it does very well. The SK7 is a similar to the SK800U & SK900U.
-Dave

Ok but don't you need one with a fan blowing on it?:(

Sorry I thought I deleted that thread .

So how hard is it to put on ?

Motherboard Model D875PBZLK

Ok I am new here and I am missing something.
Is there drilling...

i have a swiftech MCX478-V and it performs VERY good with a high RPM fan. Like the tornado. My idle is not only good, but my load is incredible.

ThermalRight SP94

My motherboard is not on there list for this heat sink, not on recommended list....:bang head :sn:

no need to bang your head against a wall

if you can build a PC you can install this heatsink. Just follow the thermalright intructions, don't worry, it will work

you will need a fan though, i suggest a quiet one like a panaflo

but out of curiousity, why don't you like the stock hsf?
it works well, I wouldn't replace it

My Ideal is 35 Cels.
Playing a game like IL2 Forgoton is up tp 50cels

50c, so what? :) If you're not going any higher I see now really advantage in changing hsf.
On the other hand I do agree upon that Thermalright SP-94 is the best ;)

Cool

Perre said:
50c, so what? :) If you're not going any higher I see now really advantage in changing hsf.
On the other hand I do agree upon that Thermalright SP-94 is the best ;)

I might get the heat sink for later when I over clock the CPU.
Right now Nithing is over clocked on my system.

I'm getting a SP-94 on tuesday once installed i'll take some pics or so and tell u temperature differences

I'd worry about getting a new motherboard before you put much thought into overclocking. Stock intel boards wont overclock much at all. Go for a motherboard, and see if the heatsink hasn't dropped in price yet, or maybe something new is out there.

Re: Motherboard Model D875PBZLK

ZGOZZ said:
Ok I am new here and I am missing something.
Is there drilling...

No drilling... don't worry. Like somebody said earlier: "If you can build a PC, you can install the SP-94"

The only really tricky part about it is getting the mobo's hsf retention bracket off. After you remove the stock hsf, pull up on the white tabs on the retention bracket (pull them up w/ your fingernail). On the back of the mobo, there are little pins (for lack of a better word) that stick through the pcb. You'll need to push the 2 tabs on each pin together w/ needle-nose pliers and pull the pin through the pcb. It's easier if you've got a buddy to hold the mobo for you.

Other than that, it's a breeze! Just follow Thermalright's instructions. BTW: You'll need to print them out from Thermalright's website, since the SP-94 doesn't come w/ written instructions! =P

Thermalright's

Thermalright's I called them yesterday, they are gooing to let me know if the heatsink will fit my motherboard.
So wait and see.:) :beer:

archilochus said:
Please read this before you go any further.I think it will help answer some of your Q's conserning your mobo.:D
THE FANMAN:cool:

STICKY LINK :)

The SECRET of overclocking revealed
Attention all newbies. I constantly read post from beginners wanting assistance to overclock their CPU when they have some generic or OEM motherboard that is not overclocking friendly. The secret to a successful overclocking adventure STARTS with the motherboard. You don't really overclock just the CPU, you overclock the entire computer system via the motherboard. The motherboard is the heart of your computer. You absolutely HAVE to first possess a good overclockable motherboard. The forum seems swamped with people that don't or can't understand this concept. Thank you for allowing me to rant and rave a bit.[/i]

I help run 2 forums like this one.
One thing what is a forum for?
It is to help people who have no idea out. Yes?
If everybody knew what was to every question on this issue , why have a forum ? Yes?
I know my mother board can be overclocked. Not the issue.
I want the besy heatsink out there for a P-4 other than water coolied.
There are so many diffrent motherboards out there,cpu combo's.
Some people need help, so that is what a forum is for ,right?
Thank thank I will step off my soap bow. Thank you.

IMO

Back