• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocing, not sure which forum to put this in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

65stang

ok, this is going to be my setup, wanna know what to do, and what settings i can safely put my bios to to oc. I didnt know which forum to put it in, so if this isnt the forum please move this post and pm me telling me where you put it.

Raidmax Scorpio Case 420w ps
3 80mm case fans (possible one extra 120mm case fan)
Cooler Master HHC-001 heat pipe with stock fan
athlon xp2500 or 2600 with the 333 fsb (which should i do for ocing?)
Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo
1 gb pc3200 (400 mhz) ddr ram
gainward geforce fx 5200 256mb ddr 8x agp
maxtor 160gb 7200 rpm 8mb cache
52x cd burner

so, what can i safely oc too? and what fsb/multiplier/volt settings should i set in the bios thanks.

this is off track, but i've heard bad things about that video card, unless it is the Ultra version.

with that setup, because it is similar to mine, i would expect you to get to 200+fsb *11, or higher even.
i'm not sure about upping the voltage, especially with air cooling. but i think you're going to get a significant overclock out of that setup.

one thing to try is using the UBERbios editions (see here: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15505 ) i've heard best things about the 1004 but you should certainly verify that with other members before taking my word for it.

Smirabi said:
this is off track, but i've heard bad things about that video card, unless it is the Ultra version.

with that setup, because it is similar to mine, i would expect you to get to 200+fsb *11, or higher even.
i'm not sure about upping the voltage, especially with air cooling. but i think you're going to get a significant overclock out of that setup.

one thing to try is using the UBERbios editions (see here: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15505 ) i've heard best things about the 1004 but you should certainly verify that with other members before taking my word for it.

thanks, glad to know i have a nice setup. about the graphics card, i really didnt care, i got it for $66, and i know it'll kill my current 32mb tnt2 gcard. I bought it cause it was a nice bargain buster. maybe i'll get more info now.

I wouldn't take your voltage past 1.65v or so with aircooling. Depends a lot on your temps/stability.

That should overclock pretty well...at least 2.3ghz to be very consdervative.

If you can invest in a new HSF (Like an SLK series) I think you should go for a 2500+. Most of them overclock to about 2.4. Mine does, on air, with an SLK800a and an 80mm Tornado.

CamH said:
If you can invest in a new HSF (Like an SLK series) I think you should go for a 2500+. Most of them overclock to about 2.4. Mine does, on air, with an SLK800a and an 80mm Tornado.

tornado... *shudder*
doesn't the noise drive u insane?
btw 65stang, tornado is a good fan.. just make sure u get a fan speed controller with .. you understand why when u start using it..

The Tornado doesn't bother me a bit, but, then again, I always have music playing.

my old tornado used to make a low Asharp if i remember, probably won't get into the way of most music, lol

gainward geforce fx 5200 256mb ddr 8x agp

Don't go there m8...I bought Leadtek FX5200 after Leadtek GF 4 MX 440 I didn't saw any upgrade m8...that card sucks big time m8..... good thing I was able to return the damn thing and now I'm waiting for 9600XT vivo to arive ....

Cheers...

Back