• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA 8INXP Whats the DPS deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

It says dual power supply. What does that mean, and HOW does it work? It looks like a Expansion card with a fan on it. For the price im seriousely thinking about this board.

Another question is, How good is this Intel E7205 chip? Never heard of it.

Any quick help would be great. Im going to the local puter show saturday and might pick this up.

harry

Anyone?

LOL Cmon now, Id like to buy this. But aint getting stung like i did last week buying this asus board.

Harry

Bummer, Going out tomarrow and buying

prolly not this board, because ive heard Not one word about it. The only thing i seen at a review site is that its a HIGH end workstation platform board. I think ill go for the GA 8KNXP Instead.

Or even The 8IPE1000Pro 2004 GT.

Going to check out Abits offerings and decide on the spot i guess. Abit choices are AI7 IS7 AND IS7-E

Wish me luck

Harry

Asus has a new one that is in one of the killer 3.8CPU Computers, but I am running a 2.8 up to 3.10 right now in a GA-8INXP..........tried 3.15 and got a black screen, havent figured out why that yet.

I have heard that the DPS has caused a lot of people more harm than good, so most take it out. So if you are thinking of buying the board just for the DPS I would reconsider.

Ember, Thanbks for the reply man.

I scrapped that Idea of getting that board. I got the GA-8IPE1000Pro GT 2004 editition. Alls i can say about it is AWESOME!! With divider settings unlike my last board, I can get 2.9 with crappy memory till i upgrade the proggy and ram. Im very happy with this board and it was only $103 at the computer show. Its also running duel channel with two slightly different 256 sticks.

Harry

Back